10 Best iPhone Video Player Apps That You Must Use In 2022
Over the years, video content has changed and is now a major source of entertainment. Video content used to be limited to MP4 and 3GP. Many new formats are available now that support high-quality video.
You will need a player that can play different video formats to watch such videos on your smartphone. You must be an iPhone owner. The inbuilt video player is not capable of playing these videos.
Many third-party apps can play video on your iPhone. They come with a variety of features and will enhance your video viewing experience. This list will help you narrow down your search for the best video player app.
This list contains 10 top iPhone video player apps. They offer seamless video viewing. Each app is also listed with the supported formats and features for your consideration.
If you are looking for media players that can be used on other platforms, please read our articles for Android or Windows.
PlayerXtreme Media Player is the Overall Best iPhone Video Player
KMPlayer – Best Player for iPhone To Play 4K Content
OPlayer Lite – Best Video Player for iPad
Infuse 7 – The Best iPhone Media Player for Watching Movies
VLC for Mobile – A free and open-source video player
8Player is More Than a Video Player
CnX Player – Best Video Player To Reduce Battery Drain
MX Video Player – A simple video player app
Power Video Player – Neat Video Player For iPhone and iPad
1. PlayerXtreme Media Player
PlayerXtreme Media Player for iPhone and iPad offers a rich feature set. You don’t need to worry about what format the video is in. It supports nearly all video formats. It is easy to navigate the content on your device and play it.
PlayXtreme Media Player Features
- Videos can be played on a variety of network devices including NAS devices and Wi-Fi hard drives.
- The app supports casting via AirPlay or Google Chromecast.
- Gesture controls for increasing/decreasing volume and seek.
- Premium versions of the app offer the ability to add a password.
- Subtitles are available in real-time.
PlayXtreme Media Player for iPhone is one of the most popular video player apps. This app is free and supports all formats.
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, WebM, wm, wmv, iso, wtv, video_ts
KMPlayer is the best video player for iPhone 4K videos. KMPlayer allows you to view videos without having to worry about format or encoding.
You can play videos from cloud storage or network services. This app is unique because of its simple interface and rich features.
- Gesture functions to control volume and speed video playback
- Supported network services include FTP, Google Drive, Dropbox, and FTP.
- This video player supports various codec formats, such as H.265, VP9, and others.
- KM player allows you to play 3D, 4K, and UHD videos.
KMPlayer is a great free iPhone video player due to its many features and user-friendly interface. It is available in over 230 countries, and it can be accessed from 36 languages.
3gp, 3gp2, 3gpp, amv, asf, avi, axv, flv, f4v, gvi, gxf, m1v, m2p, m2t, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mks, mkv, moov, mov, mp2v, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, nsv, nuv, oga, ogg, ogm, ogv, ogx, spx, ps, qt, rec, rm, rmvb, tod, ts, tts, vob, vro, webm, wm, wmv, wtv, xesc.
3. OPlayer Lite
The OPlayer Lite video player application will enhance your iPad video viewing experience. This media player app supports multiple formats and is sure to become your favorite.
Although the interface may seem overwhelming, you can access all features from one screen. This means that you don’t need to stop the video or press buttons to access settings.
Features of OPlayer Lite:
- The app supports streaming, including HTTP and FTP.
- You can play videos in the background unlike other video players for iPhone.
- Video playback can be controlled with one hand.
- AirPlay, Mirroring, and HDMI wire support.
Many gamers use OPlayer Lite to stream games using the built-in browser in the iPhone player app. You get a decent selection of functions in the free version. The premium version is required to fully utilize the app’s capabilities.
mkv, wmv, avi, divx, xvid, rmvb, rm, flv, mp4, 4k, mov, 3gp, m4v, blu-ray, ts, m2ts, swf, asf, vob, h.265 (hevc), webm.
If you’re an Android user, however, you can find our list of top android video players you can use in 2022 right here!
Firecore’s Infuse7 deserves to be on this list of top iPhone video players because of its consistent features over the years. This video player can play many video formats with no problem.
It also supports subtitles and AirPlay, which is a great feature. You can stream videos from any network-connected device. This movie player’s clean, organized interface is one of its most appealing features.
Infuse 7 Features:
- Trakt syncs the app, allowing you to track TV and movies.
- The Infuse 7 media player iPhone can play almost any video file without delay or lag.
- Night owls and movie-goers will love the elegant dark theme.
- iTunes can be synced and files can be transferred via FTP.
The app is available in two versions: Pro and free. The paid version is Pro. You can access premium features like 4K video, HD audio quality, and cloud streaming with the paid iPhone video player.
It also has decent features that make it one of the best iPhone movie players. Infuse 7 Pro offers lifetime updates and can be purchased on a monthly or an annual subscription or a one-off lifetime purchase.
3GP, AVI, ASF, BDMV, DIVX, DVDMEDIA, DVR-MS, FLV, ISO, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, M2TS, MTS, OGM, OGV, TP, TS, VIDEO_TS, WEBM, WMV, WTV.
5. VLC for Mobile
The VLC media player is missing from any list of iPhone video players. VLC’s iOS app is a worthy successor to the video player that rules desktops.
Videos of any format can be played without conversion. Multiple codecs can be used without the need to download additional codec packs. Its minimalist design is also a plus.
VLC Mobile Features :
- You can sync video files from Dropbox, Google Drive, and One Drive.
- Advanced subtitle support, including full SSA compatibility.
- Gesture control for volume control or seek control.
- Support for HTTP, RTSP, and MMS is allowed.
- You can lock the media player app with a Touch ID or passcode.
VLC media player iPhone is undoubtedly the best video player for iPhone and iPad. You can import subtitles from the internet by simply entering a URL. The app also includes Dolby AC3 and DTS codecs, which are not available on other iOS media players.
MP4, MOV, M4V, MKV, FLV, etc.
8Player is more than a video player. It is also a universal multimedia app for your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. It is a controller, DLNA/UPnP player, SMB, FTP player, and controller. It doesn’t support all major formats which is a limitation.
Some users have complained about slow streaming speeds, which has resulted in a reduction of ratings. The app’s customization options offer a user-friendly experience for video watching.
8Player Features :
- Chromecast devices as well as DLNA players can be controlled to control media file playback.
- You can create and edit music playlists with the iOS media player app.
- Remote access to DLNA/UPnP servers can be done over the 3G/4G network.
- An elegant user interface.
8Player does not support unusual video formats. 8Player is the best app for controlling Chromecast devices remotely.
avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc.
7. nPlayer Lite
nPlayer is a great video player app for iPad and iPhone. You can play almost any video format. This makes it unique because you don’t have to convert videos. You can also stream videos from remote locations.
This ensures movie viewing on the iOS video player app. With a few swipes, you can adjust volume, brightness, or seek. The app also automatically syncs your iPhone videos.
Features of nPlayer Lite :
- It can import videos from cloud services such as Amazon Cloud Drive and Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, Yandex, and Google Drive.
- You can also repeat specific sections in the app, so you can go from A to B.
- The app supports 3D video mode, HVEC/H.264/MPEG4 acceleration.
MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, ASF, FLV, OGV, RMVB, TP, etc.
CnX Player can be an excellent media player app if you are concerned about excessive battery drain when binge-watching videos.
The lightweight video player app for iPhone allows you to play 4K Ultra HD videos quickly. The app supports all popular video formats so you don’t need to search for different video converters.
CnX Player Features :
- Low battery drain with hardware optimized and 64-bit optimized video decoders
- Support for video casting on AppleTV, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV
- WiFi file transfer feature to move videos from PCs, laptops, and iOS devices.
- You can choose the theme that suits you best.
CnX Player is an excellent video player that can play high-quality videos with no lag. This app supports many video formats. It also has helpful features like Wifi transferring and a quick switch video decoder.
MKV and MP4 videos, 3GP, MOV, MOV, AVI, TTS, and many other formats.
9. MX Video Player
MX Video Player for iPhone and iPad, a simple video player that supports many common video formats, is available. The best thing about the app is its simple and intuitive interface. You can immediately start playing videos.
This is an open-source video player app with many unique features. Retina displays are optimized for the iOS app, which enhances colors and makes movie viewing enjoyable.
Not to be confused with the original MX Player app, which now offers original web series as part of its new video streaming service
Features of the MX Video Player :
- You can play videos saved to Google Drive or Dropbox by logging in to your account.
- You can adjust brightness and volume in video playback using gesture controls.
- You can trim the video to see only your favorite parts of a video.
- You can capture the screen during playback and save it as an image in the gallery.
MX Video Player, an iOS video player app is free. You can expect occasional ads popups. It is also one of the most popular video players for the iPhone, with its intuitive controls and many exciting features.
mp4 mpeg-4, mov quicktime movie file format, avi, m4a, m4v iTunes video file format, mpeg, mpeg-2-video, aifc-audio, aac-audio, mpeg-4, au-audio, aiff-audio, mp2, 3gpp2, ac3-audio, mp3, 3gpp, -audio and etc
10. PowerVideo Player
PowerPlayer, a simple but feature-packed video player that works on both iPad and iPhone, is available. It has a well-organized file browser and a player.
PowerPlayer’s free version lets you access files from your iPhone, photo albums, and iCloud Drive. PowerPlayer Pro is available for purchase to remove ads and enable streaming via Google Drive or Dropbox.
Power Video Player Player Features :
- Clear and uncluttered interface
- Integration with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Support for picture-in-picture mode
3GP, ASF, F4V, FLV, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, RM, RMVB, VOB, WMV etc.
Paid Video Player Apps for iPhone
All the apps listed above are free to download and can be used for free. Many premium options provide advanced features for video viewing on iPad and iPhone. OPlayer and MCPlayer HD are some of the most popular paid video player apps on iPhone and iPad.
Conclusion: Which iOS media player should you choose?
This list of the best iPhone video player apps shows how video players can be more feature-rich than the default iPhone video player. You can select a media player that suits your needs.
We have listed features for each player. All the players in the list are free to download from the Apple App Store. These video players for iPhone will revolutionize the way you view video content on your iOS device.
Is MX Player compatible with iPhone?
Yes, MX Player can be used on iPhone. MX Player and MX video players are two different apps. MX Player streams MX originals, while MX video player is a dedicated player for iPhone.
What video player for iPhone features the subtitle feature?
Subtitles are supported by all major video players. You can also download separate subtitles (.srt), and add them to your video.
Which video player is the default on iPhone?
iPhone comes with a native video player that allows you to control volume, basic scrubbing, and playback speed.
Do I need a video player on my iPhone?
If you are not happy with the native player or want to have more control while watching videos, you should consider getting a video player for your iPhone.
2 thoughts on “10 Best iPhone Video Player Apps That You Must Use In 2022”
Pingback: The 10 Best iPhone Photo Editing Apps To Enhance Your Photos In 2022 - updatedVerse
Pingback: 10 Top iPhone Browsers: Top Safari Alternatives for 2022 - updatedVerse