The best way to season your Blackstone griddle is by using cooking oil with a high smoke point. Peanut oil, sunflower oil, and soybean oil are all good options. Do not use extra virgin olive oil because it has a low smoke point and will burn.
What is mean by Seasoning?
Seasoning is the process of treating a cast-iron or carbon steel cookware, such as a griddle, so that it becomes non-stick and avoids rust. The process is also known as “curing” and involves cooking oil and fat into the pores of the metal so they become resistant to sticking. It’s different than seasoning a kitchen stove, which is done with a compound like baking soda to cover up any unwanted smells.
Stuff You Need for Seasoning your griddle
- Blackstone griddle
- Cooking oil with a high smoke point (e.g. peanut oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil)
- Paper towels
- Commercial grill or oven cleaner (optional)
- Metal polish (optional)
Seasoning your griddle is easy to do.
- For the best results, use a cast iron pan. Simply coat it in oil and heat slowly on burner of stove to 250° for one hour while wiping off excess fat with paper towels or cloth dishcloth- this will ensure that you get an extra crisp exterior without any burnt bits inside!
- If you own a commercial grill or oven, don’t forget that it’s perfectly okay to clean them! Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using their cleaner and season your griddle as directed.This is such an easy way of maintaining good care on any type cooking equipment because all one needs in order do so are some common household ingredients like water (or oil), basting brush/spatula combo tool if need ed- but there are also special cleaners designed just to keep our kitchens shiny new.
- A metal polish will make your griddle look like new again. You can buff the surface of it with a cloth until you have achieved that shiny, patent leather finish just right for any occasion!
Once the griddle is ready, you must clean it before using. To do this, make a paste with warm water and baking soda. Spread it over the surface of your griddle with a wire brush or grill pad. Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes. Finally, rinse off until all traces of the past are gone.
The Blackstone griddle will be a great addition to your outdoor cooking arsenal. Once you know how to season a Blackstone griddle, you’ll be ready to cook almost anything on it.