Express Entry Law is a new system for managing immigration to Canada. It was introduced in January 2015 as a way to make the process of applying for permanent residency faster and more efficient. The Express system uses a point-based express entry draw to determine who is eligible to apply for permanent residence. Below we will discuss the basics of the Express Entry system, including how it works and who is eligible to apply.
How Does Express Entry Work?
The Express Entry system is designed to streamline the process of applying for permanent residency in Canada. Under this system, eligible applicants are entered into a pool of candidates. Candidates are then ranked against each other based on a points-based assessment system. The highest-ranking candidates are invited to apply for permanent residency through regular draws from the Express Entry pool
Which Immigration Programs Does Express Entry Cover?
The Express Entry system is open to candidates who are eligible for one of the following immigration programs:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class
Who is Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible to apply for permanent residency through Express Entry, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 54.
- You must have a valid passport or travel document.
- You must have a minimum of one year of work experience in a skilled occupation.
- You must meet the language requirements for your chosen occupation.
- You must have completed a post-secondary education program of at least one year.
- You must have proof of your ability to support yourself and your family financially.
- You must be admissible to Canada.
How Do I Apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can begin the process of applying for permanent residency through EE. The first step is to create an online profile. Your profile will be used to assess your eligibility for the program and give you a score out of 100. The highest-scoring candidates will be invited to apply for permanent residency through regular draws from the Express Entry Pool.
When Can I Apply?
You can apply for permanent residency through Express Entry at any time. You should note that the process can take several months to complete.
When is Express Entry Draw Conducted?
The Express Entry draw is conducted every two weeks. The minimum score required to be invited to apply changes with each draw.
What Happens After I Apply?
If you are invited to apply for permanent residency through EE, you will have 60 days to apply. Your application will be assessed by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You will be issued a permanent residency visa if your application is approved.
How Much Does Express Entry Cost?
There is no express entry fee. You will need to pay the standard processing fees for your application, as well as any required language testing fees.
What are the Benefits of Express Entry?
The Express Entry Law system offers a number of benefits for eligible applicants. These include:
- A faster way to apply for permanent residency in Canada
- A points-based assessment system that gives you a score out of 100
- Regular draws from the Express Entry pool, with the highest-scoring candidates being invited to apply for permanent residency
- The ability to live and work anywhere in Canada once you have been issued a permanent residency visa
What Are the Next Steps?
If you are interested in applying for permanent residency through Express Entry, the first step is to create an online profile. You can do this by visiting the Express Entry website. Once you have created a profile, you will be able to see if you are eligible for the program and what your score is.
If you are invited to apply, you will then need to submit a complete application for permanent residency, including all required supporting documents.
The Express Entry Law system is a new and innovative way to manage immigration to Canada. If you are interested in applying for permanent residency, be sure to create an online profile and see if you are eligible for the program.